아티스트

Chang Kangmyung

• Nationality South Korea
  • Duration 2023.09~2023.11

He writes articles with a clear awareness of issues ranging from realist novels to science fiction. He is interested in topics such as social systems, contemporary issues, and the absence of God. I wanted to design a work that explores these themes over a long period of time, so I applied to move into Gapado AiR Residence.

He graduated from engineering school and worked as a newspaper reporter for 11 years. While working as a reporter, he received the Reporter of the Month Award, the Kwanhoon Journalism Award, and the Citi Korea Media Impression Award.

He began his literary career by receiving the Hankyoreh Literary Award for his full-length novel 『Bleached』. The Surim Literary Award for the full-length novel 『No Enthusiasm, Eva Road』, the Jeju April 3 Peace Literary Award and Today’s Writer Award for the full-length novel 『Comment Unit』, the Munhakdongne Writer’s Award for 『The Last Year, or the Way You Remember the World』, and the short story 『Comment Unit』 He received the Young Writer’s Award for 「Cutting a Part-Timer」 the Lee Sang Literary Award for 「Hyeonsu-dong Bakery’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms」 the Shim Hoon Literary Award for 「The World You Want to See」 and was nominated for the Japan Nebula Award for 「Eichmann in Alaska」.

Full-length novels 『Because I Hate Korea』, 『Our Wish is War』, 『Homo Dominance』, 『Reinvestigation』, novel collections 『Lumière People』, 『The Living』, 『The World You Want to See』, reportage 『Election, Passing, Class』, 『The Price of an Arm and a Leg』, essays 『Honeymoon in 5 Years』, 『Book, What is This』, 『Let’s Write a Book』, 『Anyway, Hyeonsu-dong』, 『The Strange Job of a Novelist』, etc. wrote. Together with his wife, CEO Kim Hye-jeong, he created and operates an online reading club platform, 〈Gmeum〉(www.gmeum.com).